Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days of Seeing God - It Begins with Seeking

It's day two of our journey and already this is going in direction I didn't expect...

Honestly I expected to chronicle a sighting of God, but throughout the day I've been reminded that often I only see what I'm looking for. And friend that is true when it comes to seeing God.

If I, or you, want to see God, we'd better be looking for Him. How do we do that?

Well, if you want to see a friend what do you do? I know what I do...I call them up and ask if we can get together. We can do that with God as well.

Matthew 7:7-8 says, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

Today, right now, I encourage you to pause and go to God in prayer. Share with Him your desire to see Him. He will hear your prayer and reveal Himself in ways you never imagined. He did that for me today. 

I look forward to our journey together, but remember it all begins by seeking Him because when we do that we will SEE the KING! 

My sighting of God today - as my older kids listened to a radio program, I heard God speak to me. The truth that was shared reminded me of His presence and concern for me! 

How about you? Are you seeking Him? What do you see Him do today?

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love that! Seeking Him will allow us to SEE the KING! :)

Although I am not writing about it, I am on a journey this month to hear Him. To hear His voice. I have found that His words, whether the ones written in the Bible or the ones whispered to my heart, are the ones that always have the most meaning, that stick, that fill. And as my heart has been wrestling with questions and just struggling with some junk, I felt the need to pull back and listen.

I am so thankful that as we seek to see Him and to hear Him that He responds. That He reveals Himself in beautiful ways.

And I love the ways I hear Him here at your place. :)

Blessings to you on this journey, sweet Jill! Love you!

Rachel Beran said...

Going through your "31" posts. Good stuff, Jill! :)