Tuesday, October 30, 2012

31 Days - "But He's invisible!"

Awhile back I was talking with my kids about seeing God and one of them responded, "But Mom, He's invisible!!"  In her 5 year old brain, she knew if something was invisible that meant it wasn't able to be seen. Colossians 1:15 supports my daughter's thinking. It says, " The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation."

There have been times in my life when I would have agreed with her thinking I can't see God, He's invisible!! Perhaps you can relate to those moments, when you get a call with news you never expected, when a love one passes away, when the diagnosis is not the one you prayed for or when a relationship falls apart.

In moments like that I find myself slipping into a dangerous place...not just thinking God is invisible, but questioning if He's even there at all. And friend that is a lie satan would love for us to believe...regardless if I can see Him or not He is there!

We don't have to look any further than His word to know He is omnipresent!!

“Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell [the grave], behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.” (Psalm 139:7–10)

Friend if you're in the middle of a storm, physically or spiritually, He is there! It may seem He's invisible, but so is the wind. If we look we can see the effects of the wind and the same is true, if we look for evidence of God...He Will Show Us! Ask Him to reveal Himself and open your eyes to see!

No comments: