Thursday, October 25, 2012

31 Days - In the rain

As the rain falls, I think, "I wish I would have left the suburban out instead of parking it in the garage." We live on a gravel road and though our vehicle's paint is blue, but appears to be dirty brown. It's just a reality of country roads...drive on them often enough and your car will get dirty.

This thought reminded me that I too get dirty as I walk down life's road. This dirt doesn't come from a muddy road or dust in the air; no, it comes from the choices I make, better yet, the sins I commit. Romans 3:23 tells us, "for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Friend, that includes me and you.

That's not necessarily the good news you wanted today, but it's the truth.

And there is a good part: Just as the rain can wash my vehicle, God can make me clean. And if you go to Him, He can make you clean as well.

1 John 1:7 says, "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." Do you know what purify means? The dictionary I used said, "to rid of impurities, cleanse and to free."

I'm thankful for the rain...our land needs it, but I'm also grateful for the opportunity to see God. I've been reminded that He is a forgiving Father...He has cleansed me and I am free. 

I missed out on an opportunity to have my vehicle cleaned, but I pray you won't do the same. Take a minute and make the choice to stand with the One who reigns and let Him wash you clean.

It doesn't matter if you're covered in mud or just have a little dust...it's all dirt to Him and through the blood of His Son, He can make us white as snow.

Would you join me now, "Father, you are all-powerful, you alone are holy, you reign Lord and you know, you know I've sinned. You've watched me _____________. Please Lord forgive me for _____________________. Help me turn from my sin and walk in Your ways, in your light. Thank you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen"

No comments: