Thursday, October 4, 2012

31 Days - If I can see Him...

As I was preparing for our Unglued Bible study and heard Psalms 19:14 I was struck with a new thought, well not really new, but one that hit pretty hard in the midst of this 31 day journey. In this Psalm, David says, "May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."

I listened to Lysa TerKeurst share these words and the reality of it all hit me upside the head...if I can see God, He can see me. And friend, if you're seeking after Him, He can see you too!

Now I don't want this fact to keep you from looking for God because the truth is regardless if you want to see Him or not...He sees you! Honestly, I'm beginning to think I should have named this study 31 days of Experiencing God...as the month unfolds I believe I'll be sharing more than visual sightings of God, but instead I'll be including His whispers to my heart and the Truth from His Word.

As this journey continues I believe this reality - the fact that God and I can see each other, is part of my seeing God today. I know He reminded me of this truth for a reason, especially as I prepare to lead this Bible study.

One that will deal with emotions and experiences I'm not proud of, but ones I pray will change. Others may not know I scream at my children from time to time and they may be oblivious to the fact that I have been known to play the "I'm fine" game, but God knows. He has seen me do it. 

Like I said, I know God sees all and knows all, but tonight this verse hit, "May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Pleasing in His sight...wow! I think about how I've been pleased when I see Him...friend I know that's not always His reaction when He sees me. How about you?

Really I don't want this post to be a downer, but it's a truth we can't deny - we see Him and He sees us. We know Who we're going to see, but the question for the day - "Who do you want Him to see?"

May the fact that He is watching encourage you today!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I like that question. Who do I want Him to see today?

At one time, I know deep down in my heart I wanted Him to see a gal getting it right all the time. Someone I thought He could be proud of...like I was getting a spiritual "A" plus for my day.

But now, as I let go of so many of my perfectionistic ways and realize He is not giving me a grade for my day, what I want Him to see is a humble and willing heart that finds it's true delight in Him.

Hugs to you, friend! Praying for you as your lead the study!