Friday, July 4, 2008

Thinking too much...

As God attempts to work out His plan in my life often times I find myself thinking too much, which in turn can lead to worrying too much. It's not always a fun or good situation. I don't know how many times I have told my husband, "I just wish I had an off switch."

Like I have said before sometimes God calls us to the unexpected and gives us a task we don't understand. When that happens the math mind in the former teacher in me starts to take over.

I analyze things and try to figure it out but life isn't like an algebra problem. Just because A + B = C on the pages of a math book doesn't mean the same is true in my life. God hasn't revealed the variables yet, so it's impossible for me to find the solution.

At times it's tempting to take on the attitude of some of my former students - I don't get, I give up!!!

God doesn't want me to give up, but He does long for me to surrender. Giving up says I quit, but surrendering to God says I'm yours.

When that's the case I don't need to figure out what the future holds, He has always known the answers to the problems my worries create.

I have come to realize most times when I think too much, I'm not trusting enough.

1 comment:

Lelia Chealey said...

Jill,
This is so good!!! I loved what you wrote here: sometimes God calls us to the unexpected and gives us a task we don't understand.

And then the giving up part. I know that all too well!!
He is so worth all the confusion and not understanding!!! :)