Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No Regrets

Lelia at Write from the Heart has been hosting a study and we've come to the end of "What Happens When Women Walk in Faith" by Lysa TerKeurst. What a journey it has been. I have seen my life in the pages of this book and would highly encourage you to check it out for yourself.

This last chapter is entitled "Every Promise Fulfilled." And it's true, that is what God does - He is a promise keeper! And his promises aren't the ones we enjoyed as a child, they are much bigger than that! He promises to strengthen us, never leave us, nor forsake us.

Though I realize these promises why do I doubt? As I walk this road of faith, God is directing me in directions I never expected and leading me through situations I never envisioned. At times the walk is lonely, but He is always there - that promise is true. At times the pain is hard to bear, but His strength is sufficient - that promise is true as well.

He has proven faithful time and time again, so now as I approach a new bend in the road, why do I worry? Because I don't know what lies on the other side - it may be joy, but it might be pain, only God knows. Really the question shouldn't be "what's on the other side?" because that's not what it's all about. The question I need to ask myself is "Do I trust Him?"

If I do, I will go because no matter what's over the hill, He promises to work it together for good. Another promise I know He will fulfill!

So I'll close with Lysa's words, "Continue striving to become a woman who looks back on her walk with God with no regrets. For that, my friend, is the real dream." And one only God can help us reach, so trust in Him and let the journey continue!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jill:
This truly was a fabulous study. I felt like we were all living out the chapters in full color. And in the end it really is about trusting the One who is trustworthy isan't it?

Still praying for you my friend.

Renee Swope said...

Hi there sweet friend,

I just wanted you to know that you are on my heart today and I am praying for you!!! I am praying and believing God's divine directing for you each step of the way in sharing your story with others. And I am praying that in some amazing way He's going to draw you and your mom together, He's going to give you little insights and ways to love and honor her, He's going to give you eyes to see and ears to hear things you've never seen or heard before from His heart.

I know this road has been so hard but I know that you are a woman who loves Him and seeks Him at every turn. He will direct your path. He will be faithful. He will lead and love you each tender step of the way.

Hugs and prayers from my heart to yours today!

Paula V said...

Jill, I've been doing this study also but just have not had the time or routine to post each week on my own blog but rather read and comment on others. You said:

"He has proven faithful time and time again, so now as I approach a new bend in the road, why do I worry? Because I don't know what lies on the other side - it may be joy, but it might be pain, only God knows."

Wow does that resonate with me. I'm in my own storm right now...been making it through for 15 months and I can so relate to the bend in the road and worrying over it. He does NOT want us to worry. I believe worry shows a lack of faith and trust on our part, right? I mean, if we trust He has the best for us, then what really is there for which to worry. Nothing, right? Oh, but not that easy all the time. I think something to even add to your question is not worrying about the other side but rather that God would want us to make the most of the right here, right now. Trust me, I know how hard that is. I just want to know what the bend will produce. I want to know what God is doing and will do in my life and of another. Will He provide as I believe or will it really be something greater? How could it ever be greater than my own plan, huh? Seriously, even though I know my plan and my desires are holy, godly, righteous, and line up with His Word, it still doesn't guarantee it will turn out as I hope.

This road of life is hard but praise Jesus we have hope in Him regardless. When this life is done and over we will reside at His side praising Him all day long. So, really, if we allow it, it can bring comfort to know that our main focus is to live fully for Him moment by moment and not by what we fear on the bend.

Okay, that was a book for I believe my first time ever commenting. Whoops.

Forgive me and love me the same for it. :-)
In Him,
Paula

Lelia Chealey said...

NO regrets...a desire of my heart too.
Keep seeking Him Jill, He's so worth anything He allows to come our way.
In Him,
Lelia