Friday, August 29, 2008

"Hide and Seek"

"Hide and Seek"
I’ll count,
“1, 2”
You hide,
“9, 10
Ready or not,
Here I come.”
It’s a game all kids
Love to play,
It’s something they
Do again and again.
As years go by
The excitement slowly fades,
But the game never ends –
We once hid behind a tree
Now it’s behind a smile.
We’re afraid to share
Who we really are –
We often think,
If she’s ‘fine’ then I should be too.
But have you ever wondered,
“How can I find anyone,
if I’m hiding too?”
The kids have it right –
Someone has to seek,
So the next time
You want to play the game,
Don’t run & hide –
Instead offer to count,
They might need you
To find them.
“Ready or not…”

2 comments:

Dorothy Champagne said...

I never thought about it this way - what a great poem. Thanks.

Lelia Chealey said...

You are so talented my friend.