Thursday, April 9, 2009

thoughts for Easter

He walked a path
no man had taken.
He bore a cross
no man could carry.
He experienced pain
no man could survive.
He died a death
no man would want.
He rose from the grave
so no man shall die.



He lived a perfect life, mine is full of sin.
He walked a difficult road, but with Him my burden is light.
He paid the price, but the gift is mine.
He suffered the pain, which was all for my gain.
He felt the nails, while I held the hammer.
He died on the cross for those who hung Him there.
He rose from the dead so I might live.


I pray you have a blessed Easter!! Take time to reflect on what Jesus did, why God did it and what it means for you.

2 comments:

Laura said...

May your Easter be filled with Joy, Jill!

Lelia Chealey said...

Beautifully said!