Sunday, June 16, 2013

"It's Time"



Yesterday my grandma passed away...I can't describe all the emotions that I feel, and my kids do too. But even in the pain, I'm grateful for the whispers from God and the reminders of His love and presence. 

This is a time that's hard and full of tears. But as my grandma told me a week ago, "We're all born and we're all going to die...we have to take it as it comes." We hear something similar in Ecclesiastes 3:1-2, "For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest." 

That reality brings these words to mind -


“It’s Time”
It’s time –
for us to grieve and cry and
for you to smile and rejoice.
We miss a woman we love,
but for you the pain is gone.

It’s time –
for us to mourn the life that was lost and
for you to see the ones you’ve missed.
You’re no longer with us,
but you’ll forever be with ones you love.

It’s time –
for us to say, “Good-bye” and
for you to say, “Hello.”
We will tell our grandma farewell,
but you’ll see Jesus face to face.

It’s time –
for us to wait and wonder and
for you to know what is to come.
We look forward to heaven
knowing you will meet us there.

Friends, thank you for the prayers you prayed for my grandma as she fought the fight with cancer. Now, I ask for your prayers for the family as we walk through our battle with grief. Thank you and God bless.

1 comment:

Rachel Beran said...

Beautifully said, Jill.

Still praying!

Love,
Rachel