Wednesday, August 27, 2014

An Encouraging Surprise

Last night I opened my email to sort through the days messages and came across one from Renee Swope's blog. The title was "Words for the Weary" and since I was feeling a bit weary myself, I opened it up. What a surprise to see she was sharing a story about me.

She has shared this story before, but last night it was not at all what I expected, but friend it was what I needed. Her words were ones for the weary and they blessed me in a special way. You see God is leading me and opening doors, strengthening my faith and blessing me with new friends. All that is good, but it can also be hard.

It takes confidence and work to follow Him and do what I've never done, our faith is often strengthened by being tested, which involves trials. And sometimes when you gain new friends, old friendships change and for me that is hard, really hard.

So back to the encouraging words from Renee...she shared a story from my life that took place 15 years ago this September and as I read her words a highlight reel played through my mind. Friend, at that point I was a church goer, but a few short months later I surrendered my life to Christ and the journey since has been unbelievable.

Last night that was just the reminder I needed. God has done things and made changes I never expected, taken me places and led me to steps that were hard, walked me through trials I didn't think I'd survive. And as I read the real encouraging words in her posts, the ones from God's Word, I was reminded of another verse. 2 Thessalonians 5:24 says, "The one who calls you is faithful, and He will do it."

Friend, I don't know where life has you right now, but I do know this - we have a God is right there with you. Go to Him, seek counsel from His Word and trust His ways. And it just might be good to look back a few years and reflect on what He's done in you and through you.

I would love for you to stop by and visit Renee and be encouraged so that you can be an encourager as well. If you need some words for the weary, click HERE.

No comments: