Monday, December 23, 2013

Our Christmas Letter



MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Dear blog reader, though I don't know your mailing address, I still wanted to share our Christmas greetings! I'm so thankful God has crossed our paths and blessed me with your friendship! Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Merry Christmas from our family to yours! This has been another busy year with many memories made - a Wisconsin Dells vacation with the Biwer’s to celebrate my parent’s 40th anniversary, the annual Beran Labor Day camp-out and the kids turning 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10!! (Easier ages to say than parent most days!!)

The memory I will forever connect with 2013 is a hard one though…losing Grandma B. She fought cancer hard the first half of the year, we said our final “Good-bye’s” in June and now as Christmas nears we remember her.

The memories can be hard and they make me miss her more, but they remind me of the Reason for the season. Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ, the boy who didn’t just grow up to be a man, but became my Savior. Jesus is the reason we have hope, the source of joy when the tears fall and our Emmanuel, God with us.

This Christmas we are trying to focus on Him more and talk about Him too! So in an attempt to live out Psalms 20:7b (NLT), “We boast in the Lord our God” here are a few of our thoughts -

Jesus is - “God’s Son; the Prince of Peace; powerful and loving; our Savior; good; God and the baby.”

I boast about Him because - “He is right; He loves me, saved me and changed me; He gave everlasting life; He is the only way to heaven; He never lies; He died on the cross and He luvs me.”

We are looking forward to the family get-togethers, presents and fun, but as we prepare we’re thinking about the first Christmas and what Jesus came to do. And we are thankful for the greatest gift that was ever given - not a present under the tree, but a Savior on the cross!!

We pray you enjoy the Christmas season and have a blessed 2014!

                                                                                                    Merry CHRISTmas!
                                                                                                       Love the Beran’s


And Mary said, “My soul glorifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, 
for the Mighty One has done great things for me - holy is His name.” 
(Luke 1:46-47, 49)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful--thank you for sharing!!