Tuesday, October 9, 2012

31 Days - Where I least expect...

Cleaning is not my favorite thing and with 5 little people in my house I'll be honest, dusting isn't something I often do! So today I was surprised when I saw God where I never expected to find Him!

I was in the process of putting something away in a cupboard I hadn't used for awhile. A cupboard that was covered with a layer of dust and may have enclosed a cobweb or two. I was struck how I walk by this place in our home daily, but still I was blinded to the dirt that was there.

As I'm beginning to get down on myself for being a terrible keeper of the home, my thoughts shifted. God used this to remind me of truth. Remember I'm on a 31 day journey of seeing God...I've intentionally been looking for Him and I've been blessed by what I've found.

I looked at the mess that had accumulated over time, one that was a result of laziness, busyiness and neglect and God spoke to my heart. He whispered, "Though you didn't see the dust over the last few weeks...it's been there. Daughter in the same way, there may be times you don't see me, but child I am always here."

Friend, right now I'm being intentional in looking for Him, I'm being diligent in spending time with Him and I'm not allowing the busyness of life distract me from Him. But that's not always been the case and though I hate to admit it, it could happen again. Though the things I do may change as will the situations around me and the circumstances of my life, but God NEVER does.

He is present in my life today! And yours too! Whether you see Him or not.

But today can I encourage you to look for Him...you might just find Him where you least expect!

Remember:   
Jesus Christ is 
the same yesterday, 
today, 
and forever. 
(Hebrews 13:8)

In honor of this reality, the fact that sometimes we see God where we don't expect...I'm giving away a copy of my book, Letters from Leanne - The Beauty of a Spiritual Mother-Daughter Relationship. Truly I never expected to write a book, but God was part of it and did it. So today, share a sighting of God...perhaps one you didn't expect to be entered to win. Leave a comment on the posts throughout the week to increase your chances. I'll share the winner on Saturday!

No comments: