Thursday, October 18, 2012

31 Days - In my husband...

Yesterday I wrote about seeing God in my children and today I want to share about seeing God in my husband. We're celebrating his birthday today, but I'm thankful for his presence in my life everyday.

It's hard to believe we've been married for over 11 years and have known one another for over 20! My relationship with Job is one that caused my relationship with Jesus to grow. We started dating shortly after I had given my life to Christ and much of what I've learned and the habits I've created are because of what he's taught me and the life I've watched him live.

He is a man who seeks Jesus and one who shows me God. In honor of his 3+ decades I'm going to share 3 ways I see God in him...

Sometimes I look at my life and marvel at the things God's allowed me to do, but the thing is I know I wouldn't have stepped out in obedience without Job first believing in me. He'd never want to be known as a cheerleader, but he's my biggest one!! When he expresses the confidence he has in me, I'm reminded God feels the same way. I'm praying God will allow you to see His belief in you today!!

Job is one of the most generous people I know...he is constantly sharing with someone in need. It doesn't matter if it's encouragement, finances, a meal or a friendly smile; if he can help someone out he will. Friends to me that is a picture of God - "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." 1 Peter 5:7

Last but not least, Job is an honest and loving guy. He says what he means and he does things the right way. He disciplines our children, but he does it in such a gentle, yet powerful way. He tells me the truth, but he speaks it in love. Jesus (God) is the TRUTH (John 14:6) and He is LOVE! (1 John 4:8)

Friends, I am grateful my husband gives me a picture of God and gives my children a glimpse of their heavenly Father! 

But my prayer for you today is that you will see God! God the one who believes in you, gives you what you need and loves you in the most amazing way. He is real and He's waiting for you to find Him today!! 

I would love for you to share what you see...remember a comment from this week's post will win a copy of Hidden Joy in a Dark Corner! You will see God on the pages of the book!!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing God in the changing of the seasons, the seamless flow of one day into the next. He is in control; how can there be any doubt? Because of that there is always hope and joy. Happy birthday to Job, Jill. He sounds like an amazing man of God.