Thursday, September 16, 2010

Empty

Today has been one of those days - sick kids, crazy schedule, unexpected requests, you know the routine! All things that can create chaos and add stress to life. Couple that with the feeling of being a bit disconnected and I find myself at the end of the day feeling empty.

No matter what happens or others' say I know God can, will and does fill me up. He is enough! Even when others seem distant, He is near. When things don't go according to plan (mine), He is in control! Just the other day at MOPS, our speaker wonderfully disected Psalm 139:10, "Even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." I know God is here, He is guiding me and holding me!

I know these things, yet I wanted more! I thought maybe I need to be reminded of His word, you know replace the lies with the TRUTH! So He led me to some verses, let me share a few -

"Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God" 1 John 5:1a - I am HIS child! That's a truth that can fill you up!

"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-40

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10 - The NLT says, I am HIS masterpiece - the gage is going up!

Being reminded of these truths and more should fill me, us, up, but yet as I sat down at the computer the empty feeling returned. As I felt myself deplete, I stopped and prayed, "Lord, why am I feeling like this? I know the TRUTH. I read Your Word and believe what you say. Why am I empty?"

I paused and before I even thought about listening, in my heart I heard, "maybe it's not a bad thing." Instantly a song I heard a few months back came to mind, please read the words of Chris Sligh for yourself -

I've had just enough of the spotlight
When it burns bright
To see how it gets in the blood
And I've tasted my share
Of the sweet life
And the wild ride
And found a little is not quite enough

I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change

Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me
So I can be
Filled with you

I've seen just enough of the quick buys
Of the best lies
To know how prodigals can be drawn away

I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change
Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me
So I can be
Filled with you

Cuz everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you
Compared to you
Cuz everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you
So I surrender all

Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride

Empty me
Of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition
And the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me
So I can be
Lord empty me of me
So I can be
Filled with you.
Filled with you
Empty me
Honestly it's not an easy thing to ask, but will you join me in the process and pray for God to empty you as well! Only then will we be completely filled with HIM and ultimately that is what our hearts' desire! Believe me, I know this is a challenge, so if you're taking the challenge and in need of prayer, let me know I'd be honored to lift you up!

No comments: