Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Too much to say...

I've taken a bit of a break from my blog and it's not just because summer is busy. That's so true, but there's more. There have been times I've had things going through my mind and I've thought I should write about that, but it didn't happen. Sometimes it's because there are 4 kids in my house who need me quite often, but primarily it was because God was simply talking to me. I needed to process what He had to say before I could share with someone else. But the reason for my hiatus doesn't stop there - He didn't simply want me to process the truth on my own, He expected me to apply it and live it out. He wanted me to make it my own!!

As everyone prepares to head back to school (myself included) and let learning resume, this summer I'm thankful class was in session on the Beran farm! The teacher is being praised! And the learner, well daily she's being tested!!

In the days ahead I hope to be able to share a bit of what God has been doing; as I share the lessons I've learned, I pray He will teach you as well. For now I will close with a passage I just read out of Lysa TerKeurst's participant guide for Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl,

"The more we see our life's purpose unfold...
...the more we'll be secure in the person God has created us to be.
The more we become secure in the person God created us to be...
...the more we'll be able to make peace with liking who we are.
The more we make peace with liking who we are...
...the more we'll be able to untangle self-distracting thoughts.
The less entangled we are...
...the more effective we'll be for Christ."

The process of moving through these stages is not easy and really it never ends, but as I reflect on the last few months I know it is worth it. Press on my friends, press on!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

"The less entangled we are...
...the more effective we'll be for Christ."

That is definitely what I want to be...more effective for Christ! But mercy...I definitely need some more untangling. :) So thankful that He will be faithful to untangle...now for me to be faithful to sit still and let Him do it!

Praying for you as you surrender to His sweet work in your life. :)
love you,
K