Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our Favorite Time of the Year

Again I'm devoting time this week to Hearts-at-Home and today I'm focusing on their conferences, what some friends and I consider our favorite time of the year!! And we are looking forward to this once again. Check your calendar to see if this is an option for you! This year's theme is Moms Are Magnificent and the conferences are quickly approaching.

The Great Lakes Regional conference will be held in Grand Rapids, MI on October 3rd and 4th while the North Central Regional conference will be held in Rochester, MN on November 7th and 8th. For more information click here.

I will be attending the conference in Rochester and like I said I along with others are counting down the days. This is a wonderful opportunity to be encouraged, refreshed, and spend time with girl friends. But it also provides time to reflect, focus and praise God. It's hard to even put the entire experience to words, but I will try.

This will be the 5th conference I attend and each year I come home thankful for the roles I play - wife, mother, friend and child of God. Speakers address each one of these roles and I'm encouraged and equipped by their words.

The event isn't limited to speakers as Friday night, known as Mom's Night Out, offers music, drama and plenty of laughs. This year Cherri Keagey is the worship leader and Ken Davis is the key note speaker. He was there a couple of years ago and brought everyone to tears, not because of pain or frustration, which happens for Moms, but with his humor. His stories hit home and I'm looking forward to laughing until my face hurts again!

The conference means many things to different people because the break-out sessions cover many areas. There are talks geared towards various stages of parenting, marriage, organizing, personal growth and spiritual growth. There is something for everyone. I have even seen it serve as a wonderful outreach event, which is wonderful!

If it's something that intersts you, I'd look into it - I'm sure you'd be blessed. My kids always cry when I leave and miss me while I'm gone, but someday I'm sure they will thank me because it makes me a better mom!!

If you've attended leave a comment about your experience, or if this is all new leave a question and I'd love to help you out. If you plan to be in Rochester this November let me know, it would be fun to put a face to the name!

Remember I'll be doing a drawing for "My Hearts at Home" on Friday, so be sure to leave contact information.

1 comment:

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Sounds so nice!! Wish I could be there. My kids are driving me nuts right now!!! Life is too busy. I look forward to checking into this more!!

In His Graces~Pamela