Wednesday, July 2, 2008

God has a plan...

I am taking part in an online study of Lysa T's book When Women Walk in Faith, so I'll be adding comments from a chapter each week...

God has a plan...it's a thought that makes sense to me in the grand scheme of things, but as I make it more personal it becomes a bit more overwhelming and at times confusing. God has a plan, a plan for me and a plan for you.

What is that plan? Good question, but often times it's what I least expect. As a child, teen and college student I had visions and dreams of what my future would hold, but it wasn't until I was a second year teacher that I realized my future looked different in God's eyes.

Thru a series of events, struggles and setbacks He called me to Himself and began revealing the plan He had. It all started with me accepting Christ as Lord and Saviour.

In the 10 years that have passed, my life at times looks nothing like I would have expected, but I'm thankful for where I am at. I read one person say they wouldn't trade anything for where they are at on their walk of faith. True.

God does have a plan and often times difficulties and trials are part of it. So what do we do when things don't make sense? Look back and see how far He has brought you and trust Him to do it again.

No comments: