Wednesday, August 10, 2016

An Invitation

Invitations - typically something we all like to receive. We like to be included and tend to enjoy being part of something beyond the walls of our home. Being together can be a good thing. Scripture touches on this....

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 tells us, "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: if either of them falls down, one can help the other up." Friend, we were created for community and we crave connection. That didn't happen by chance - our Creator is part of the Trinity and we are created in His image...we long for and need relationship, first with Him and then with others.

Matthew 18:20 says, "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them." This verse brings to mind times when friends have invited me to pray or I've done the same with them. Powerful times, not because of our words, but instead because of God's presence. When we join together in prayer, God works.

Hebrews 10:24-25 instructs us - "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another - all the more as you see the day approaching." Another vital reason for our need for sisters (and brothers) in Christ - we need encouragement. Life is hard, hearts are broken and the world is hurting - we need to be reminded of Truth, encouraged with hope and supported by loved ones.

Friend, whether you are near or far I have an invitation for you! On August 20th, the 5th ReNEWed Life Women's Event will be held in Cresco, Iowa. This year Micca Campbell will be joining us along with local speakers and a wonderful worship team. I've been blessed to be on the team since it all began and I'm eagerly anticipating all God has in store this year.

So first of all the practical invitation - if it works for you to join us, PLEASE do!! Every year after the event I drive home thinking about women I wish I would have invited...this year I don't want to forget YOU. If you have any questions about registering, let me know.

The 2nd invitation - if you are unable to be in Iowa on the 20th, I invite you to join us in prayer. God hears the prayers of His people and we know they carry us through. Friend, I don't just share this as a selfish request...it truly is an invitation. I've prayed for some events in the past from afar and the first few times I was amazed at how God blessed me through it all. I'm asking you for prayer, but I'm also inviting YOU to be part of God's work!! You can play a part in the praise reports I know are coming! If you want any specifics, let me know.

Finally, the third invitation - when God puts something on your heart that seems impossible, when He leads you to take a scary step or when He prompts you to reach out...do it. Think of it as His invitation...one that will likely take you to places you never expected and require you to do things you've never done. Every invitation He gives serves a purpose...thru it His kingdom grows and our hearts change.

To close here's a glimpse of what God's done in the past...He doesn't change, so we know He'll be faithful in the future! Like with any invitation, be sure to RSVP!! Just kidding, but friends please know I'm grateful God has invited YOU into my life!

ReNEWed Life 2012, 2013, 2014



ReNEWed Life 2015



No comments: