Friday, March 7, 2014

I have decided...

Welcome to you today!! Special thanks to my friends visiting from the Encouragement Cafe! In my devotion, I state life is full of choices...friend, would you agree?? I've been thinking about choices and even shared about them in a few recent posts, but today rather than focusing on our countless choices and frequent mistakes I want you to join me in thinking about a decision.

Now personally decisions have NEVER been one of my favorite things. I am not very decisive and never have been. Growing up my philosophy was - my decision is: I choose not to decide. I was content with letting others make the decision, but as a Christian I know that method is not Biblical. I will be held accountable for my actions, words, thoughts, my life. (Romans 14:2) And friend, so will you.

On thing we will be held accountable for are the choices we make...big, little, easy, hard we are responsible for them all. I still at times struggle with making decisions and choosing what is best, but I've found something that helps. 

When I remember the most important decision I've ever made I'm better able to choose what is best. Like the song says, "I have decided to follow Jesus" and that changes everything, or it should! 

My decision to follow Christ should impact my desire to be like Him therefor I should choose love. That decision should lead me to His Word so that I'm full of His wisdom and able to make the wise choice. When I decided to follow Christ I made a decision to die to self which means I should choose to put others before myself. Do you understand what I am saying? Our decision for Christ should impact every choice we make!!

Finally one last thing...this Truth is powerful and true, but it is also convicting. I know there are times I fail, my selfish choices don't match up with my most important decision. I'll admit there are times my choices are not filtered through this decision to follow Christ. So what do we do? Reflect on those choices, go to God and others if necessary, confess your sin and turn from it!! Then make the choice to accept His forgiveness and decide to repent.

And friend, if Satan is using this to condemn you refute his lies with Truth. Romans 5:8 tells us, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." My choices...good or bad, don't change the love God has for me. And the same is true for you!!

I pray you have been encouraged to let your decision to follow Christ to impact every choice you make! And may we choose to live out Proverbs 4:25-27, "Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Give careful thoughts to the paths of your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. Do not turn to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil."

I want to thank you for the birthday wishes and kind words! The winners of the books are Sara and "Lauren"...I'll be in touch!

A song for you today...

No comments: