Sunday, July 24, 2011

He's Here!!!

The wait is over...God blessed us with a wonderful gift this past week - Jesse Clay Beran arrived on July 19th at 9:24 AM! He weighed in at 7 pounds 10 ounces and was 21 inches long! He's our number 5, but has already set himself apart with a birth story that is unique!!

We arrived at the hospital Tuesday morning after a quick drive to town - usually it's nearly a 45 minute trip, but this time Job cut it to 30! At 8:55 we spoke with the nurse in the OB department and since all three delivery rooms were full she took us into a family waiting room to get my vitals, but she soon realized things were progressing, so opened the door and informed the others, "We NEED a room!" It was then Job said, "I kind of feel like Mary and Joseph!!"

The nurses responded and a little after 9 we made our way into the new found room! And it wasn't even 25 minutes later when I sat in disbelief with a new little boy in my arms! Once again I was overwhelmed with all God had done...the provision, the details, the gift! He is GOOD!!

We quickly called his big brothers and sisters to share the news, but had yet to name our new little man. In the hours to come, God would give us that as well. We knew it would be a J and had it narrowed down, but eventually realized he was our little Jesse, which means gift. Now 5 days later, I know this is his name...gifts aren't something we expect or get on our own; no, they come from God and for that I am grateful!!

After his first name it was onto the middle, which was a much quicker task! Early on in the pregnancy it seemed God had given me the middle name for either a boy or a girl and as we said, "Jesse Clay" we knew that was the case. Throughout the pregnancy I was reminded that I am nothing but clay in the hands of the Potter and our prayer is little Jesse will one day surrender his life to Christ and allow God to shape him, mold him and use him for His glory!!

Now for a few pics -
Jesse Clay Beran


Job and the Beran Bunch!!
J.D., Joy, Jaylyn, Jed and Jesse


"Look what I found!!"
A picture of peace!

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes, we are blessed and thankful!!

3 comments:

Rachel Beran said...

Deb asked me yesterday how you chose Jesse's name. I told her I didn't ask, but I was sure you had a reason for choosing each of the names and that I figured Clay had something to do with us being clay in the hands of the Father. :) I guess I know you pretty well.

ANYWAY, love the name and Jesse is most definately a beautiful gift. You are one blessed mama!! :)

Love ya, girls!

Julie Gillies said...

Loved reading your story, Jill-and what a story! I'm rejoicing with you over God's provisions and your beautiful new baby boy. Congratulations! :-)

Oh, and thank you for your sweet, encouraging comment at my blog. You are a blessing!

Theresa said...

beautiful! Congrats! What a little blessing. Truly a gift!