Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Honoring God

Honoring God...what does that look like? What does that mean? As I thought about this I was reminded of a statement I heard in an Anne Graham Lotz Bible study. I don't recall if it was Henry Blackaby or Crawford Lorrits, but one of them said, "The greatest honor we can give God is to believe Him." Think about that! What does that statement mean to you???

It says a lot to me...I want to honor God, but at times I get it all wrong. There are moments I think I need to perform, I need to do something, but all He asks of me, and you, is that we believe! When life is hard, when the Dr.'s report isn't what we prayed for, when accidents happen and life ends too fast, when plans fall apart and things don't go like we expect...He wants me to believe! I'm convinced part of that believing is trusting and remembering that He has a plan, He has a purpose and He has a future for me!!

As I walk this road of faith, I pray I will remember how to honor the One who calls me daughter...

"The Greatest Honor"
"Lord, how can I honor you?
Lead a Bible study?
Start a mom's group?
Teach Sunday school?
Love my family?
Be a friend?
If that's not it,
what can I do?"

"Believe - when circumstances make no sense.
Believe - when the future is unknown.
Believe - when the world says doubt.
Believe - when the pain is impossible.
Believe - when my plans aren't what you expect.
My child the things you do
bring me glory,
but the greatest honor you can give is
believe in who I Am."

No comments: