Tuesday, April 19, 2011

On my heart...

I glanced at the calendar today and a few things came to mind - 16 years ago I had reconstructive knee surgery and on that same day Oklahoma City suffered its bombings. But April 19th will forever be etched in my mind for another reason - this was the due date for the baby we lost back in 2008. This was a little one I never held, but will forever love!! I believe she has a name and I know she had a purpose!! And on today I remember she is one I will never forget!!

"I Will Not Forget"
Though it seems
the world has forgotten
and even I have went a day
or two without remembering,
"I will not forget."

The role you played was pivotal
and your presence powerful.
You touched my heart
and changed my life,
"I will not forget."

I think of you often and
still miss you just the same.
You will forever be
a part of me,
"I will not forget."

No one will ever take your place
or do what you have done.
You alone are special -
a gift only God could give,
one, "I will not forget."

No comments: