Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Gone, but not forgotten...

Yesterday marked the 15th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing, a day many lost their lives and thousands of others lost their loved ones. These individuals are gone, but they are not forgotten.

But April 19th marked the anniversary of another loss for me - it’s the day we should have been celebrating the 1st birthday of our little one. A child we lost to miscarriage, a face we never saw, but a life we loved and at times still miss.

Yesterday as thoughts went to what might have been my mind wondered - would she be walking? Would she look like Joy or Jaylyn? How would J.D. feel about having 3 little sisters?

Then Jed’s cry interrupted my thoughts and a whole new series of questions stirred in my mind - what would we do without him?

I don’t understand all of God’s ways, but I trust Him. He really does give and take away. He comforts and strengthens. He helps me let go, but doesn’t cause me to forget. He leads and I follow. He loves, so I do too.

Daily I love my children, but today I’m reminded of my love for one of them in particular - the little lady I refer to as Jenae Hope. She’s played a big part in my past, the last few days she’s really been on my mind in the present and because of God’s grace I know she’ll forever be in my future.

Happy Birthday Honey!

No comments: