Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Coming Soon...Letters from Leanne


The final step of the process has begun, we have started working on the marketing aspect of Letters from Leanne - The Beauty of a Spiritual Mother-Daughter Relationship. The official release date will be this fall, but copies will be available within the next month.

It is amazing to see this journey coming together...nearly 3 years ago God laid this book on my heart and approximately a year ago we started looking into publishers. This past September, Tate Publishers offered a contract and it's been an interesting learning experience the past 12 months.

As we begin to move forward we are excited and a bit overwhelmed at the thought of God putting our story in a book. Our prayer is that as others read it, they will see His. The book chronicles the first 10 years of our friendship - one that revolves around the ideas in Titus 2. Paul instructs the older women to train the younger and through our letters you will see the beauty of that.

For now I would like to ask you to pray about what lies ahead. A few specifics - that God would continue to guide and direct and that I would be strengthened to follow Him even when I move further and further away from my comfort zone. And also for the ones who don't understand the importance and depth of my faith, that seeds would be planted. Finally that God would get the glory and honor in all of this!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

boJill, PTL! That is so fantastic! I can't wait for it to be out so I can read it.

Congrats, sister and I will be praying!

WonderousWomanRetreat said...

Dear Jill,

Consider to join us for A Wonderous Woman Retreat
on August 13,14,and 15

The Wonderous Woman retreat program leads and encourages every woman to connect to all facets of her purpose and value. Our approach is to create experiential retreats in beautiful venues where you can connect to your mind, body and spirit.

It's easy to take care of everyone else in our lives, but we tend to forget about ourselves.

Stacy said...

YAY! Congratulations. I can't wait to get my hands on this. Sounds like an amazing read. Will be praying for all this entails! Be proud!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Just too AWESOME!! I will pray!

His Maidservant~Pamela

Kimberly said...

What a fantastic book topic!!!! I know my life has been so richly blessed by the spiritual mothers God has placed in my life.

I will be praying!
:) K

Unknown said...

How wonderful! It's been so long since I've had a chance to stop by and visit. What a great time to pop back in! I saw you are going to She Speaks. I hope I can find you there so we can meet in real life.

I am so proud of you for sticking with the book. I can't wait to read it!