Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pressing On

This weeks chapter in Jennifer Rothschild’s book was about Pressing On. And again the timing amazes me. Much of her talk is about pressing on when we’ve made a mistake, but right now I’m involved in pressing on when times are difficult.

I’m still not sure what all lies ahead, but daily things are happening that make me ask God, “What is going on?” I know there are times when I need to trust rather than understand and it feels like now is one of those times. As I struggle with what is taking place I know I must keep speaking truth to myself and most of the time I am, but yet there are moments that it is just hard.

Sometimes life just doesn't make sense...we wonder...God how can you use this for good? Why do I have to walk this road? What is going on?

Pressing on is never an easy thing to do, but it’s exactly what we need and God wants, so my prayer is that is what I will do. And I thank you for your prayers as well. I will be back with more details as they unfold. Blessings.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Pressing On when you feel uncertain is so difficult. It's times like this we realize that He is in control.

Be well remember you are completely loved by our Mighty King.

Carol

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I've just been reading the past several of your posts. Wow. How I needed to hear what you have been saying! I pray that I will be able to keep pressing on.....not knowing what the future holds....but needing to always remember that I know WHO holds the future.

Marilyn

Lelia Chealey said...

Hey Jill
Loved what you wrote here my friend....I know there are times when I need to trust rather than understand and it feels like now is one of those times.

Sometimes I think God gives us too many of those seasons!! :)

You bless me everytime I am able to make it by here!
"See" you tomorrow for chapter 1 of An Untroubled Heart! Looking forward to reading what God shows you in this study.
love ya,
Lelia