Monday, April 7, 2014

The Opinion That Matters

Worrying what others think has always been a struggle for me and for years I could have been considered an approval addict. Thankfully God, through His Word, has opened my eyes to this and helped me focus on the only opinion that matters! Today at the Encouragement Cafe, I'm sharing a devotion titled, "Who's Your Judge?" (Read it HERE.) Friend, He - our Heavenly Father, the God who sees all, is our judge and His opinion is the ONLY one that matters.

I could share story after story of my struggle with this and offer accounts of God blessing me when I focused on pleasing Him, but today I simply want to share Scriptures that I pray will encourage and instruct you as well. May God's Word speak to and transform your heart!

"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

"Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free." Ephesians 6:6-8

"For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord." Romans 14:7-8

 “For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:19-20

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24

Friend, today may you and I be encouraged to live for Christ as we remember He is our judge and His opinion truly is the ONLY one that matters! Thank you for stopping by and please know I'm praying for you as you live to please and glorify our Heavenly Father!

Finally, if you need a song to encourage you with this as well, here's a powerful classic to start your day!!


No comments: