Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Prayer for New Beginnings

Dear Heavenly Father,
Lord this morning my heart is burdened for new beginnings. I think of the school year starting, new sports seasons beginning, new relationships and new routines. I also am thinking of those who have recently lost loved ones and their lives will never be the same. As we all move forward into situations and relationships that are new, I ask You to go with us.

Though our schedules, our days and for some even our lives look different remind us Lord that You are the SAME. You were good, faithful and powerful yesterday and will be again today and even tomorrow.

For me, change and newness can create overwhelming thoughts and emotions, take those things away and help me trust You with all of my heart and lean not on my own understanding. Then Lord make my path straight...help me clearly see what way to go during this new season of life. I trust YOU to guide and direct me.

Father, as we move forward with new demands on our time, energy and efforts help us cast all of our cares on YOU knowing YOU will provide. Thank You for being the perfect parent. Help us each embrace Your love and discipline believing You have our best interest in mind.

Father as these new beginnings and perhaps even roles unfold may we remember who we are - Your child, one who is dependent on YOU, called by YOU and created for YOU. Help us to bring You glory and shine Your light where ever You lead us to go, or stay.

Finally Father, I ask for wisdom, strength and patience for each and everyone who is joining me in prayer today. Help us to come to YOU and ASK for what we need and then give us humility to receive what YOU offer Lord.

Today as new beginnings take place, we are reminded to look forward to the day when YOU will make all things new! Until then Lord go with us now, fill us with Your spirit and equip us to do Your work.

In Jesus powerful and precious name, Amen

No comments: