Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sometimes the right words are...

Today Renee Swope of Proverbs 31 has a devotional titled, Just the Right Words, and in it she shares a bit of my story. How words spoken from a friend encouraged me and I truly believe changed the course of my life. As I've thought about this upcoming devotion, I've spent a lot of time thinking about words...especially the right ones.

Initially as I think about the right words, my mind focuses on encouraging ones, the ones that are a joy to share, the ones I like to receive and that bless me.

As I thought, I realized the right words are not always the fun ones...honestly sometimes the right words are the hard ones. The ones where I admit I'm wrong, the ones that say, "I'm sorry," and the ones that confess my sin.

These aren't the only hard words because sometimes the right words my friends and loved ones need to hear are the ones that keep them accountable, the ones that speak the truth and maybe even hurt a bit. Just because these words are hard, that doesn't mean they are not right.

Perhaps someone you know needs just the right words today, can I challenge you to speak them. Friend share these words - whether they are the fun ones to say or the hard ones to speak, if God puts them on your heart, you can trust they are the right ones. And when they are the right ones God will use them to make a difference, maybe even a difference that changes or saves a life!

And friend if you are the one in need of just the right words today I want to encourage you to go to God's Word - He always has just the right ones!!

"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path." Psalm 119:105

My question for the day, what right words have you heard today, which ones have you shared??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so true!!! Thank you. Your blog is very encouraging and God has really used it in my life. Whenever you have a new blog, it's amazing how relevant it is to my life at that moment!:) Thanx