Monday, March 28, 2016

What's LOVE Got To Do With It?!?!

Welcome to those of you joining me from Encouragement Cafe! It's a joy to have you and I pray my devotional, "Looking for some Motivation" spoke to you. For those who haven't read it, you can do so by clicking HERE.

This blog post is one where I want to encourage you to not just read my devotional, but I want to encourage you to really think about the message. I wrote this devotional back in January, but God clearly wanted me to read it on this day in March, the day after Easter. And friend, if you are reading it now, I believe He has a purpose for you getting the message as well.

I'm guessing some of you may have a song running through your mind after reading the title to this post, but since I can't sing I'll ruin the fun and let you know this has nothing to do with a musical hit from years gone by. Instead I want to ask you to think about the things you have to do or to put a positive spin on it, the things you get to do.

You know, things like laundry, dishes and cleaning. If you're married there's a list of responsibilities that come with being a wife. And if you're a Mom, the list includes parenting, disciplining, listening, correcting, refereeing, and the list goes on. If you consider yourself a Christian, there's also obedience, stepping out of your comfort zone and living like Jesus.

Believe me, I know our to-do lists are long and they truly never end. It can be easy to be overwhelmed and tempting to give up before we even start, but as I re-read the key verse in my devotional I'm encouraged and I pray you are too.

2 John 1:6 tells us, "And this is love: that we walk in obedience to His commands."

In response to that, think about this - Do you love God? Do you love Jesus?

If your answer is yes, think about what that means in light of the verse above.

Friend, I know it's easy to know we should love God...how else do we respond to the One who loved us enough to send His Son to save us? It can also be easy to say it...like the saying says, "Talk is cheap." But would you agree, it's much more challenging to show it?

When I stop long enough to think and pray about this, I wrestle with it. I know I love God and Jesus. I say I love Him. But if I'm honest my actions don't always prove it.

But that's my issue not your's, so I challenge you to sit with this idea for awhile. Think about the roles you play and the responsibilities they bring...God's called you to them, does your response prove your love for Him? Think about how He's asking you to step out in faith, is your obedience to Him evidence of your love for Him?

I don't know your answers to these questions, but God does. I pray you will take some time to process through them today!

Friend, love has everything to do with it! May our love for God lead us to obedience to Him! Then may that love flow from us and bring others to Him!!

If there's a command or call, you are struggling to obey and would like me to pray for you, leave a comment and I will do just that. Thank you for stopping by, it's a joy to walk this journey with YOU!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was one of the topics from a recent quiet time for me. I found it so interesting and refreshing that Jesus obeyed and fulfilled the law so that we weren't left with a laundry list of things to do to earn His love. And in exchange, He lightened the load for us and desired for us to receive His love to the point of overflowing. And with that overflow, to love others. That was His greatest command- like you said... LOVE. I know for me, when I know I'm loved, you don't have to tell me to serve, it's a natural by product of me being a girl in love! Thank you for your love that overflows into my life! xoxo, noelle