Tuesday, July 6, 2010

An Update and Invitation

Thanks to all of you who have been praying for my mom! It's been a month tomorrow since she had her hip replaced - the first three weeks were full of setbacks - illness, a fall and staph infection to name a few. Thursday she was back to the Dr. and had a good check-up - thank God for that! She doesn't even have to use her walker around the house anymore, but the IV antibiotic will continue for another 3 to 4 weeks. Please continue to pray for complete healing and for God to draw her closer as things go according to His plan and not hers.

On a completely different note, I'd love to invite you to the Rise and Shine Women's Retreat site! We are hosting an online conversation of Lysa TerKeurst's latest book, "Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl." Today we're looking at chapter 4, "Beyond Sunday Morning" and would love to hear your thoughts on moving past the church routine! Join us here...

2 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

I've been wondering how your Mom is doing!! How awesome...thank you for the update! I get my emails from my phone and sometimes can't email back a response right away, so I'm sorry I didn't get it sent back to you, but know I was praying right away when you sent it.
I wish I could go to R&S this year!!! Love you,
Lelia

Kimberly said...

So glad your mom got a good report! Praying with you for her complete healing!

Thanks so much for your comment over at my blog!

Love and prayers,
K :)